In Partnership with the Criminal Justice System
EACH enjoys an excellent working relationship with the Criminal Justice System – including the Police, Crown Prosecution Service, the Prison Service, Witness care, the Probation Service and Youth Offending Teams.
Support and expert assistance is provided on a variety of legal and sexual orientation issues including:
- Improving the Reporting of Homophobic and Transphobic Crime
- Recruitment and Retention of Lesbian and Gay Staff
- Sexual Identities – Appropriate Language and Terminology
- Creating a Safer and Equal Workplace (including the implications of sexual orientation employment legislation, civil partnerships and the amended adoption law)
- Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Cyber-harassment and online abuse
Avon and Somerset Police commissioned EACH to produce awareness-raising films on homophobic and transphobic harassment with the aim of increasing confidence in reporting incidents. The Force, and others, call regularly on our staff for support and professional assistance
See below for examples of past conferences EACH has contributed to:
As always, your input and presentations were engaging, interesting and thought provoking. Of particular interest is the way in which you get the audience to think about differences… You managed to get full engagement from the audience and their enthusiasm for the subject was clearly evident because of the way in which you achieved this.
Superintendent, Avon & Somerset Police
Viewing the site from a mobile device? Click here.